Bath Salt Foot Soaks
You may not always have time to do the full-on detox soak in the tub, but you can always get a few minutes in to soak and pamper your aching feet, right?
Let's learn about the benefits you can derive from even just a five-minute bath salt foot soak.
Toxins in Your Feet
You may or may not have heard, but your feet have the most (and the largest) pores of anywhere else in your body, so it makes sense that a detox foot soak can do a lot for you.
Bath salt soaks are a perfect way to purge those toxins and replenish much-needed magnesium in our bodies.
Toxins in your environment can come in the form of impurities in the air, chemicals from cleaning products around your home, and even beauty products.
Foot detoxes are increasing in popularity and are now offered at more and more health and wellness spas or by individuals at home.
In addition to flushing toxins and bolstering your magnesium intake, benefits of a good bath salt detox foot soak include:
- Relieving stress and improving your sleep
- Easing inflammation and soothing muscle pain
- Lifting your mood
- Balancing your pH levels
- Clearing congestion and helping your body recover when you're sick
A Word of Caution!
Hold off on your detox foot soak if you're experiencing open wounds on your feet, including in the toenail area.
How To Do a Bath Salt Foot Soak
- Before you soak your feet, don't forget to dry-brush or pumice them, or apply some sort of exfoliant to get rid of the layer of dead skin and to get your pores open.
- If you don't already have a foot bath container, find one wide enough for both of your feet and at least deep enough to immerse them in water up to your ankles.
- Place your foot bathtub in front of your favorite comfy chair, and on top of a folded towel to keep from getting water everywhere when you step out.
- Add 1/2 cup of your favorite bath salts, epsom salts, or magnesium chloride flakes.
- Fill your foot bath with hot water, but not hot enough to scald you. You'll need the hot water to dissolve the salts thoroughly and to open up your pores to absorb them.
- You might also want to try adding 12 or so drops of your favorite essential oil, diluted with coconut oil, or even some liquid soap to your concoction.
Remember that soaks aren't just about relaxing, they're also therapeutic in other ways. Essential oils such as lavender and citrus can alleviate problematic issues like rashes, athlete's foot, and toenail fungus.
Slowly ease your feet in, breathe in and out slowly, and relax for at least 5 to 15 minutes. Slowly slide your feet out when you're done and pat them dry. You might want to apply some lotion to your feet to keep them moisturized.
Enjoy your bath salt foot soak!
Relax Spa & Bath crystals and essential oils have been shown to relieve aches and pains, eliminate toxins, reduce tension and stress by increasing circulation, and enhance self-healing. Regular use can provide relief for symptoms of:
Many other related conditions
Relax Spa & Bath crystals contain skin pampering moisturizers and water softening elements to enhance quick healing of the skin tissue while providing the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements. Begin your path to healing here.